Prime Minister’s Volunteer Awards – Call for Nominations
Have you met a volunteer whose work in the past year had a profound impact on your community?
Now’s your chance to recognize their accomplishments and nominate them for a Prime Minister’s Volunteer Award!
The Prime Minister’s Volunteer Awards celebrate the enormous contributions volunteers, not-for-profit organizations and businesses make to their communities.
You can nominate someone in the following national and regional categories.
• Emerging Leader recognizes new volunteers who help build stronger communities through leadership and have made a positive difference in their community in a short period of time. This award is for those who have volunteered for no more than three years.
• Lifelong Achievement recognizes individuals who have dedicated their life to volunteering and have inspired other volunteers, led volunteer groups or made other exceptional achievements through volunteering. This award is for those who have volunteered for a period of at least 20 years.
• Community Leader recognizes individual volunteers or groups of volunteers who have taken a lead role in developing solutions to local challenges.
• Business Leader recognizes businesses that demonstrate social responsibility in their business practices.
• Social Innovator recognizes not-for-profit organizations that demonstrate innovation in addressing social challenges.
Recipients are recognized at an award ceremony and choose an eligible not-for-profit organization to receive a grant for $5,000 (regional award) or $10,000 (national award).
Submissions are accepted from April 13 to June 30, 2015.
To learn more about the Prime Minister’s Volunteer Awards and submit a nomination, go to www.pm.gc.ca/awards or call 1-877-825-0434.