Foothills Art featured in Macleod MP’s Ottawa Office
Macleod MP John Barlow is inviting artists and photographers from across his riding to submit their work to be included in the Foothills Gallery, an exhibit area in his Ottawa office which will feature the work of local artisans.
• All artists and photographers in the riding of Macleod are invited to showcase their work in his Ottawa office.
• In accordance with the artist’s wishes, works will be exhibited in the gallery for several weeks before being returned, sold, donated to Foothills area charities to use in fundraisers, and/or presented as gifts to visiting delegations. Afterwards, a new artist will be featured.
• Exhibits will include a write-up of the featured artist including contact information, social media and website.
• Fellow Parliamentarians as well as delegates from across Canada and around the world will have an opportunity to share in the phenomenal talents of southern Alberta artisans.
• Work featured in the Foothills Gallery will also be featured at www.johnbarlowmp.com
Mr. Barlow is excited to announce the first artist to be featured in the Foothills Gallery in Ottawa is High River photographer Janice King. Four of Ms. King’s wonderful photographs highlighting the beauty and diversity of the Macleod riding are now on display.
“Our Foothills Gallery is an outstanding opportunity to not only highlight one of the most beautiful ridings in Canada, but also showcase the incredibly talented artists in Macleod,” said Macleod MP John Barlow. “I am pleased to have Janice King’s work featured at our Ottawa office, her vibrant photographs are a wonderful reminder of home. I look forward to showcasing artists and photographers of varying levels and talents in our exhibit area.”
High River photographer Janice King is also excited about the opportunity to participate in the new Foothills Gallery.
‘As an emerging photographer I am incredibly honoured and humbled to be the inaugural artist featured on John’s Art Wall,” said King. “The four pieces John has chosen represent the beauty and diversity of his riding. From the mountains through the rolling foothills, to the wide open prairie, my photos represent the majesty that is Southern Alberta and I am very excited to have them in Ottawa where a wider audience can see the wonder we call home.”
Artisans interested in this opportunity are asked to contact Mr. Barlow’s Ottawa office with the information listed below.
Member of Parliament for Macleod
Room 310, Justice Building
Ottawa, ON, K1A 0A6